Exciting Diesel Mechanic Role, just the fix in beautiful Coffs Harbour!
Our Coffs Harbour depot is currently on the hunt for a capable Diesel Mechanic. We’ll also consider those with a Light Vehicle qualification who are looking to upskill, or a 3rd or 4th year apprentice.
Workshop mechanics are responsible for carrying out maintenance and repair services to ensure that vehicles operate in a safe, reliable and efficient way. Mechanics are required to do this in a manner that abides by the Transport for NSW (TfNSW), Roads and Maritime Services (RMS).
Your responsibilities will include:
- Undertake daily vehicle repair and maintenance activities to ensure delivery of services.
- Fulfill vehicle preventative maintenance schedules and requirements.
- Maintain vehicle monitoring and reporting systems as required by TFNSW, RMS.
- Respond to, investigate and repair vehicle defects as notified by drivers.
- Maintain a safe and tidy workshop area.
- Work in accordance with safe working procedures and instructions and meet the obligations and ideals of the organisation’s Safety Management System & WHS.
- Organise spare parts procurement in line with policy
- Be available for breakdown and service callouts and on-road incidents as required from time to time
To be considered for this role:
- Qualified Diesel Mechanic, LVM or 3rd or 4th year Diesel Mechanic apprentice
- Willing to participate in further training as needed to meet the requirements for this role
- MR licence preferred but not essential
- Diagnostic experience
- Basic auto electrical experience
Our parent company:
Forest Coach Lines is part of the CDC Regional Australia Division and one of one of Australia’s largest bus companies, ComfortDelGro Corporation Australia (CDC), with operations in NSW, ACT, Queensland, Northern Territory and Victoria. ComfortDelGro Australia is in turn owned by ComfortDelGro Corporation Limited, a global transportation company listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange. The group operates in seven countries and has a global network of more than 24,300 staff and 41,000 vehicles including buses, taxis, trains, and rental vehicles.
For more information:
If you are keen to nail a great local job with a global company on the move, please apply now or lodge an expression of interest to find out more. Telephone enquiries can be directed to Regional NSW Fleet Manager, Michael Micic on 0432 439 227.